Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Anna Olson’s chocolate truffles are legendary. Follow her instructions on how to make truffles and impress anyone who comes over. Recipe
This recipe makes about 60 truffles
DIRECTIONS FOR: ANNA OLSON’S CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
For Chocolate Truffles
– 2 cup whipping cream
– 16 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
For Pistachio Brandy Truffles
– chopped pistachios for garnish
For Orange Truffles
– orange liqueur
– candied orange peel for garnish
For White & Dark Truffles
– white chocolate, melted
– dark chocolate, melted
Chocolate Truffles baking directions:
1. For the ganache, heat the cream until it just begins to simmer and then pour this over the 16 ounces of chopped chocolate. Let this sit a minute, then gently stir with a spatula starting at the centre and widening the circles until the chocolate has fully melted and the ganache is smooth. Divide the ganache into smaller bowls, and stir in desired flavourings (as below), then chill completely before shaping into truffles.
2. To make truffles, use a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon to spoon out about ½-ounce of the ganache and shape into a ball by rolling between your palms. Place the truffles on a parchment-lined baking tray and chill until ready to roll or dip.
3. Roll the truffles into desired fillings (listed below) or dip into melted chocolate using truffle forks, shake off excess chocolate and place n a cooling rack that rests over a parchment-lined baking tray. Chill the truffles just to set them, but then store in a cool place.
Pistachio Brandy Truffles
1. Stir a little brandy (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then roll the shaped truffles in chopped pistachios.
1. Stir a little orange liqueur (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then dip the truffle in melted dark chocolate and place a small piece of candied orange peel on top before the chocolate sets.
White & Dark Truffles
1. Dip the truffle in melted white chocolate, then drizzle the truffles with melted dark chocolate. Or, dip the truffles in the dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate.
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
– Follow Anna on social media:
Anna’s Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
– Follow Oh Yum on…
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv
Channel optimization by TubeBuddy: http://lickst.at/kgoJA05